Friday, March 30, 2012

Skating in Singapore?!

It's probably no surprise that I've been quite lazy this Spring Break, as after all I have nothing of real importance to do. Aside from homework, which I'll do on Sunday. What else is the Sunday before school resumes for?

Today I went skating with Nick at this place called Kallang Leisure Centre, which is in the east side of Singapore. It was a lot of fun, however I did something rather stupid. I didn't bring my own skates! As weird as it sounds, I actually brought the nice-ish figure skates I bought last winter here to Singapore. But because I didn't want to lug them around, I decided to just wear rental skates. The rental figure skates were much nicer than the hockey skates I rented at The Edge in Bedford. Seriously though, what was the point of bringing ice skates to the tropics if I end up renting skates anyways?! Anyways, there were a decent number of figure skaters training for some competition, who were generally pretty good. There were also some parents teaching their little kids how to skate. In addition, there was this random business man in work slacks and black skates practicing little jumps around the ice. I had a lot of fun. I'm not good at it (any more), but I love skating!

It sure seems like I'm seeing a lot of movies lately- I  saw 'The Lorax' today in a nearly empty theatre. Aside from the random musical numbers, it was quite good. Apparently Taylor Swift and Zac Efron were voicing the main characters, though I could only tell with Efron. 

So now I'm sitting around doing nothing. I think we're taking my aunt to Newton Circus for dinner tonight. That will be interesting, to say the least.


Quote of the Day: 'All our dreams can come true- if we have the courage to pursue them.' ~Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment