Sunday, March 18, 2012

Defying Logic

So, if you've got a sprained ankle, you're supposed to rest it, right? Rest, ice, compression, elevation.

Ha. I have successfully done none of the above for my ankle, unless you count this stupid little ankle brace as 'compression'. Then I've done the 'C' in RICE.

Yesterday I went to tech from 10-5, as intended. To be frank, I can't remember most of it except I got to put German surgical tape on actor's faces and necks. I'm pretty certain I'm one of the most hated techies- not only do I deal with the tape, but I was also hooking the receiver thing on a bunch of the female actor's bra straps. Oh well, I don't care if I'm hated by middle schoolers.


And then today, instead of being logical resting again....
I went to Chinese dance today (had an extra lesson) not intending to dance, but to sit and watch. Which I partially did through warm ups and ballet. Then someone brought out the water sleeves for Chinese dance, and I knew I wasn't going to stay on the floor. Water sleeves are one of the most difficult Chinese dance props. Essentially they are 6-7 meter long silk sleeves that one must manipulate. I'm not even certain if it sounds easy... but it's quite difficult to manage. This isn't the first time I've worked with water sleeves, but it's the first time I've ever actually had to look good dancing with them. For some reason, there were only 3 of us in class today. So, the 'nice' teacher worked with us, and the 'mean' teacher only worked with us for about 20 minutes.

This may have been the first time I've had fun at Chinese dance here in Singapore.
I don't have a lot of readers, but if you'd like, please answer this question: Should I drop Chinese dance considering I'm miserable most of the time I'm there? Why or why not?

Thanks. I just want opinions on the topic. Last week I was so certain I'd never go back- but today was different.



Also:
My aunt from California flew in at some crazy time this morning. She brought lots of stuff from the USA that we've been missing, like organic tea and good gummi bears. It'll be fun having her here for the next few weeks!


Because being random is cool:
https://plus.google.com/photos/118077730811918370202/albums/5721225505047552801

Yeah. Those are my Tokyo photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment