Monday, March 26, 2012

The 1 am Thing Needs to End

Sorry I haven't been posting in a while- I'm officially on March/Spring Break, and blogging feels like a lot of effort.

I'm really glad that stressful week is over. Everyone was at their breaking points and it was generally not very fun.

On Saturday after dance I ended up going to the movie theatre with my family. We saw 'John Carter', which was a pretty good movie all things considered. It was based of the book, The Princess of Mars which was written like a thousand years ago, explaining the female lead's over-acting and predictable behavior. Generally speaking the graphics were good and the basic concept of the movie was interesting. The ending had a bit of a twist, which is always appreciated in my opinion.

After the movie I ended up on Skype until 1am, at which point my father kicked me off the internet.

Yesterday I woke up extremely late and eventually went shopping with my aunt. After successfully leading her through the underpasses (I'm still not super-confident in those), we ended up at Far East Plaza. I got my nails painted while she wandered around. Heading back home we went to ION, at which I got a nice black Superman t-shirt. My mother expected me to do proper shopping while out with my aunt... oh well.

My family got lucky that it had stopped raining, because we went to the Night Safari. It took us a while to figure out that the animals were different than those at the regular Singapore Zoo (fail). We had fun going around on the tram and walked a few of the trails. There were some really strange and interesting animals there- it's another place I will take people to if they come to Singapore.

 *cough cough  JACKIE, COME TO SINGAPORE! cough cough*

Anyways, we got home around midnight and I ended up in bed around 1:30 am.

I have to spend time with my family until Tuesday. Wednesday through next Sunday is fair game for hanging out with friends, which is a deal I made a while ago with my family. I can't decide if I should be looking forward to Wednesday- I'm going shopping with some friends, but it means that a decent amount of my Spring Break will have slipped away.

Quote of the Day: Imperfection is beauty; madness is genius. - Marilyn Monroe      



No comments:

Post a Comment