Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Roller-coaster Ride

I don't even know how I feel about today. It just sort of... happened. 

In law I basically learned how to talk to police and avoid getting my imaginary car searched, which is always useful. Then I did nothing in free and was half asleep in Chinese.

In school, I danced on my healing ankle, which was probably not the smartest thing to do. However, it was group work and I didn’t really do much. If the teacher hadn’t been a guest artist from Rainbow Dance Theatre (he’s amazing), then I probably wouldn’t have danced… but whatever. We did some interesting weight-sharing exercises, which sounds weird. Essentially, it was partner lifts and how to make them look pretty.

After school, I teched my very first show! To be completely honest it was pretty stressful because I didn’t want to miss anyone’s lines. I made two or three mistakes, but none of them were terribly major. Some were kind of embarrassing (I sent some kid’s conversation into the whole dressing room, apparently), but ultimately the audience didn’t hear much that they weren’t supposed to. It’s kind of strange that I have at least 50 tech hours, but haven’t worked an official show yet. I guess it’s kind of based on when I joined tech… go figure.

A lot of stuff has been happening to people lately, and it kills me to watch them all suffer.  As far as I can remember, nothing has really bothered me in the past two months or so.  There have been minor irritations, but nothing to really set me off for about the last month. While I know life happens to people, sometimes I wish it didn’t have to.  I wish I could take their pain from them- it doesn’t matter if it hurts me, I just don’t like knowing they’re hurting and there’s nothing I can really do to stop it. 


I guess I'm going to borrow some song lyrics from the All American Rejects....
'Speak to me- when all you got to keep is strong,
Move along, move along like I know you do.
And even when your hope is gone,
Move along, move along just to make it through.'


No comments:

Post a Comment