Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It Could Have Been Worse

As usual, I've had a busy couple of days. I'm finally figuring out a balance between schoolwork, tech and dance. I think dance has taken the biggest hit in terms of time spent on it.... I used to dance all the time, but after realising I fit better with the techies, I really started spending less time in the studios. 

There was a very exciting lock-down drill followed by a practice evacuation during first period today. Honestly I always think those are a waste of time because in the event something really happened, no one would actually do the whole 'calm, quick, quiet' thing. There would be running, screaming, and chaos.
It did not delay the poem presentation I had to give in English class today. For some reason, I volunteered to go first to get it over with. Unfortunately, I totally blanked starting my third stanza! The first two were fine, but I was nervous and rushed the last stanza. Hopefully I'll get extra points for being brave enough to go first- and I don't know how hard she's grading. My performance was pretty average in the class, though. There are always people who give amazing performances, and those who go back to their seats in tears because they forgot half the poem. Though I whine and complain like the rest of my class, I actually like memorizing poetry. There's something really calming about it. Reciting it before a class is another matter entirely. 

Dance after school today was actually pretty fun, mostly because the dance is almost done and all we have to do now is memorize it, get formations done, and run it. I'm more worried about the dance I'm teaching to the middle schoolers... it feels like a failure. 

The Middle School musical is coming up, and to be frank I'm not certain how well the show will turn out. I have yet to see them do a full run-through of the show. It will either come together at the last moment... or parts of it will fall upon its face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment