Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Fifth God

I can't remember much of today, except wanting it to be over so I could tech and go home. This morning I watched The Last Samurai very first thing, and pretty much woke up to people dying highly dramatic deaths. It was about as lovely as it sounds...

Today was the second show of On This Island. I must confess, while it's certainly not the greatest show in the world by any standards, I am not sick to death of the songs. They are not overly catchy or generally obnoxious. However, in sound today I made more mistakes than I would have liked. Most volume-mixing related- it's kind of impossible for it to ever sound good unless some of the actors sing louder.

The gods presented me a lot of problems. The Goddess of Love was louder than usual, while the God of Death somehow got even quieter. The God of Water was my only break- The Goddess of Earth had issues with her mic in the beginning of the show. It was an absolutely horrible feeling to have her all ready to go, and then discover I had no signal from her mic. Then midway through the show, it started storming really badly. The first set of thunder sent Nick and I into a panic- we thought we had done something wrong to result in this awful booming noise! But, no. It was really Zeus, the fifth god. And I couldn't mute him XD

Tomorrow is the last day of the show. Then we take the set down on Friday (striking the set) and are officially done with Once on This Island. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment