Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bruised Bruises....

I've been meaning to blog for a while, but every time I sit down to start, something distracts me and I end up closing the browser. Half an hour later, I realise this and am very annoyed with myself.

The weekend was pretty fun, considering I had dance and babysitting. I only got screamed at once in dance, which is a decent accomplishment for me. No idea what it was about again, but that's okay. I also babysat a three year old boy on Saturday night and I thought it would be awful- instead he went promptly to sleep and I got to get a lot of homework done. Sunday was nice as well, I watched a movie that I thought was going to be terrible (but wasn't) with Nick and beat him at Set. Set is a really fun game- I think you can find the little online version for free or something like that.

Yesterday was Monday, so it was doomed to only ever reach 'mediocre' on my ratings. I can't even remember what I did at the moment- if I remember properly, it was a decent amount of running up and down stairs for practically no reason at all.

Today was a really busy physical-activity/dance day. I didn't kill myself doing alternative spaces in dance, which is pretty surprising considering I inverted myself on a railing. That and I was swinging from the banister at one point... dance can be so much fun. Except for the serious blisters, but that's nothing I haven't seen before. Something I probably should stop going to is Floor Hockey, and it's not because I don't enjoy it. Weirdly enough, I've started liking running around after a little green ball with a potentially lethal hockey stick held incorrectly in my hands. It's that dance (with the theme 'addiction to love') is directly afterwards. I like dancing and all, but contemporary dance is brutal (knee jumps, knee slides, weird falling over things, lifts....). That and I don't feel like I fit in the with dancers anymore. Everything they were saying made sense and all- it just didn't really apply to me or my life now. I'm glad I'm out of that bubble.

On another note, I started getting a cough yesterday and it didn't go away. Upon taking my temperature, it appears I have a slight fever. Which is annoying, because it means I'm sick again. In high school, no one has time to be sick. It was really, really difficult to make up one the school days that I missed- so I don't intend to take time off unless I start dying.

If I die from this cold, bury me in gothic lolita :)

No comments:

Post a Comment