Monday, April 2, 2012

Bleh, School

Today was my first day back to school after a lovely week of doing absolutely nothing academic, and it's very annoying. Granted, it was an easy day so I didn't really do anything particularly difficult, but simply sitting under those artificial yellow-colored lights makes me sleepy. My first-period law class was quite amusing- we were playing a review game for a test everyone is going to fail on Wednesday, and I got my team two points by finishing another teams definition and smiling at my teacher. The deadbeat Seniors were quite irritating during the game: 'habeas corpus' was not the correct answer for any of the questions! So that was mildly entertaining. Dance was tiring in the afternoon- it's never fun coming back after a week of not really stretching and having to do a proper class. We're starting an interesting group piece about a 'social issue' next class, which hopefully will be fun.

Tech today was kind of interesting, and kind of a fail. In the tech meeting, officers for next year were announced. A guy named Elliot, my friend Flick, and Nick all got officer positions. Hopefully next year if I'm a good techie I'll become an officer my senior year. At rehearsal for this show called 'Scenes and Monologues', I was stupid enough to sign up for camera. I'm pretty certain it's the most boring possible job in tech. I stand around and point the camera at people, all while getting bossed around by the Switcher. The Switcher, when there are two or more cameras, 'switches' which one is recording and ends up with a smooth video. However, there may only be me on camera and since it's my first time anyways, I'll probably just get bossed around by Flick while all my mistakes get recorded. Which will be lovely.


Quote of the Day:

 Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. ~Albert Einstein 

No comments:

Post a Comment