Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wasting Time

Yesterday was the last day of a terrible school week, and it certainly was the crown jewel. In addition to taking a HOJ test that I'm fairly certain I did badly on, I got a boatload of homework in every subject.

The long school day was followed by a three-hour MS dance rehearsal. It was the first time they tried to put the show together, and it looked like an explosion. Then, there was my dance, that was put together for the first time ever. It looked like death. The dancers were humiliated on stage, and I don't blame them. We were missing two of the four choreographers (thank goodness Rachel was there, or I would have just given up), and of course those were the worse sections. The girl who choreographed "French" is one of the worst dancers I've ever seen, and her dance reflects it. She had no idea what she was doing while teaching, so now the girls don't know what to do. 

Prom is tonight, finally. I've really been looking forward to it, as anyone who reads this blog knows. However, I didn't expect it to be this stressful for so many people. I really feel bad...

I started getting ready last night by getting my nails done. Now they are all pretty and French Manicured. Which took absolutely forever. 

While I was getting my nails done, I was watching a TV program about kids in Vietnam that are 2nd and 3rd generation victims of Agent Orange. I knew that it was devastating, but I never knew it could create such a large number of birth defects and disorders. It was really interesting to learn about, but also really sad. I wish I could do something to help those kids, that most certainly need help. I've worked with special needs individuals before, but never anyone as severe as the ones I saw on TV last night. It was chilling. 

... On another topic, they changed the format for Blogger. I now cannot figure out how to do anything, like check my stats. I find it highly annoying.  

Quote of the Day: "Gratitude is a burden, and every burden is made to be shaken off. - Denis Diderot

No comments:

Post a Comment