Monday, April 16, 2012

It's Almost Over...

There are some days that are good, some that are mediocre, and some that are bad. And then there are days like today that were doomed from the start and went downhill for the rest of the day until it sort of ended.

To start off my day, I had HOJ. Which is always mediocre. My teacher was out (apparently he got surgery) so we got to watch a movie. Sounds nice, right?

Except the movie was "Grave of the Fireflies". The movie is amazing, don't get me wrong. It just happens to be one of the saddest movies on the planet.

Quick summary of the movie: Introduction is this boy named Seita who has just died of malnutrition in a train station. When this street-cleaner guy looks through his belongings, he finds a fruit-drop container. Upon opening it, bones and ashes, along with fireflies and the spirits and Seita and his little sister Setsuko. Spirit-Seita then begins telling his story. Essentially, they lost their mother in the fire-bombing of Kobe and then struggled to survive.

So, now I think it is very clear as to how this movie was extremely depressing. It left me in a generally terrible mood. This was followed by a math test, that I either did very well on or failed horribly.

Instead of having lunch, I had to practice dancing for my mini-performance tomorrow. I'll post that video when my teacher uploads it. It's not the most interesting piece, but it's fun.

English class was nothing to mention, but science was horrible. My teacher had a pig's stomach and liver and was walking around with them during class. I'm pretty certain I'm more grossed out by thinking about it than I was seeing it, but neither were actually enjoyable.

In short: I don't feel like eating anything today. Not after the sad movie or the pig's organs. NOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment