Saturday, April 7, 2012

The School Calendar Makers Are Silly

Blogging is not working well today. So it's a list-y post.

1. Today is proper Saturday, not pseudo-Saturday like yesterday was. Yesterday was really Friday apparently, and we had it off for Good Friday (that practically no one observes). This means I have a 3 day weekend after a week long break. And it just doesn't seem logical to me. Some people didn't come back for the 4 days and just made it a two-week holiday. That sounds horrible, because that's 4 days of work one has to make up.

2. Today on proper Saturday I went shopping with my mother for prom shoes. We were out for about two hours and went to five department stores. The shoes, black with sparkles crossing over the front part, are beautiful. I was going to post a photo here, but I'll do it tomorrow because getting my camera out seems like a lot of effort. Later with my family I picked up makeup and a bag thing. I don't even want to think about how much I've spent on all this prom stuff.

3. I had dinner at an amazing restaurant that's not far from where I live. I forget what it's called, but I had the best chicken rice ever there. My parents got some interesting things like venison. Honestly, it's one of the best meals I've eaten in Singapore. As my father says, it's a good thing when there's a large queue of locals outside the door who don't seem like they mind waiting.  Must remember to go back there.

4. You may notice that I did not mention going to Chinese dance. That would be because I have dropped that class. It didn't make sense to continue when I'd miss so many classes, couldn't understand the teacher, and generally hated the whole ordeal.

5. Freedom is amazing.

6. I bought The Sims 3 yesterday, and I've already managed to get myself addicted. It's kind of terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment