Monday, August 1, 2011

Video Delays... and Other Stuffy Stuff

Well, thank you iPhone for making videos very hard to remove off of your memory card. Partially due to laziness of not wanting to spend the time trying to figure it our and partially due to having no freaking clue how to fix the unknown problem, the fireworks video is currently delayed. I did the beginning and transitions, but I can't get the video to run. I'm going to try to fix this tonight and get an upload to YouTube by tomorrow.

Anyways, I've had an interesting couple of days. Ended up at Gleneagles hospital yesterday for a really bad stomach ache that we were worried was due to my appendix, but I was fine. Thank goodness. Then went to Courts and IKEA again and actually purchased stuff. For example, a scale, my father's "shaver" (not a razor, apparently), coffee maker, water boiler, etc. We were there quite late and it ended up being relatively fun. 

Today, Mom and I explored a bit and went to Fair Price, which is a cheaper grocery than Cold Storage, that's actually by the apartment. However, we took the Orchard Road Scenic Route which involved a lot of walking. For some reason, we always get a watermelon at the grocery that we then get to haul all the way back to our temp apartment. Glorious. We also discovered a massive sweets shoppe next to the Fair Price as well as where the local skate park is. There were a couple of guys skating around. 
I've always wanted to try skate boarding.... should I try it? To try or not to try...?

Anyways, had dinner back at the temp apartment. Mom is still on the hunt for a good mop. 

Observations:
- Music that was popular roughly 6 months ago is popular here now. For example: "Bad Romance", "Monster", "Like a G6"...
- Bubble Tea is available almost everywhere. 
- Sales people are pushy
- Cold Milo is a good antidote for very spicy food, in my opinion
- If there's a sale at an expensive store, don't be fooled. They either take loads off really ugly items/items that don't fit anyone or they take S$2 off something flattering
- There's a lot of cute things sold at stores here. KAWAII!
- There are a lot of double standards. For example, store ads. The H&M poster has a white girl with blonde hair on it, but she's tan. I find this confusing because Asian people don't really like tan skin. Can someone explain this to me?!

Anyways, sorry about the video. Hopefully it will work soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment