Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Weekend Part I

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't written a post recently, I've been pretty busy with school work already. So far, I have two oral reports on Tuesday and a possible quiz Monday. I had a math quiz Friday which I hopefully did ok on because I ultimately got answers for every question though I'm sure some were incorrect.

Today I walked around Orchard Road with my friend (who has requested her name not be mentioned on this blog). Her father picked me up at home and dropped us off outside the Ion. Then we got distracted in a store called "The Things She Needs" or something along those lines and tried on shoes. After finally getting our butts out of that highly entrancing store, we walked to Cold Stone Creamery. She got Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate (which I made her say five times fast with amusing results of "mint min chocola choco") and I got the Chocolate Devotion with additional gummy bears. Which my friend  thought was gross until she asked me for a gummy bear. Whatever. We then went to Forever 21 where we had fun trying on clothes. I ended up buying a mint-green dress that looked completely hideous on the hanger, but for some very bizarre reason looks good on me. I have no idea why it's such an odd color but looks good.
Walked to the American Club after some additional looking around. She's a member which is quite nice and the Club is very beautiful. However, it's also really expensive and in my opinion there's not much use for it unless you have a lot of children or no access to a pool/gym at your house/apartment. We walked to Wisma Atria and my parents picked me up. I had loads of fun with my friend she's so nice :)
It's really nice to have a friend already even though I've only been in school a week.

After getting picked up, my parents and I went to the Tanglin area and ended up getting my father a Chinese desk for his at-home office. That area is really annoying... everything is "Tanglin" something or another. Tanglin Centre, Tanglin Mall... it's not easy to figure out where you are or where one is actually trying to go!

Then saw an amazing Chinese dance performance. It was by the Dance Ensemble and in the top 5 best shows I've ever seen in my life. Here's a picture of all the performers. While I do have a video of the sword boys (I don't know what their official name is) I figure it's probably better not to post it for fear of the Copyright Monster chasing me down about choreography and all that.

The other picture is of a menu at the place we had a late-night snack at after the show. It amuses me greatly. Figure out why :P


No comments:

Post a Comment