Saturday, August 13, 2011

Orientation!

Well, good evening everybody!

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, we pretty much do the same thing every single day. But not today!

Today we went to SAS for the New Student Orientation. It was a whirlwind of speeches, playing those "get-to-know-you" games (why oh why?), and walking around the campus. My buddy Rachel was a very good tour guide, which was nice. We also got our parking sticker and my parent's ID cards.

So: The Classes!

Biology: Really, really amazing bio room that all the Bedford kids should be jealous of and a teacher who surfs and likes the Beatles. Does it get better?

Algebra II/Trig: Nice teacher. Really sweet.

English: Small town teacher! It was nice talking to her. And she's got a freaking couch in her classroom

Chinese: Nice teacher

History of China: Clever teacher. He seems really interesting. And the textbook doesn't weigh 700 kilograms either

Dance: Possibly the nicest teacher/person I've ever met. She's going to help me find a Chinese dance studio, isn't that nice?

Drama: Odd, but super cool teacher. Can't wait for Drama! Did I mention he has a freaking stage, complete with lighting, in his classroom?

Random Other Tidbits:
- I'm going to try out for the play. It's called "30 Reasons Not to Be in a Play" and the way it works is I get to read a main character's monologue to audition. Eeps
- Loads and loads of new kids are moving here from China. Like, white kids. It's fascinating
- The school classroom numbering system rivals the BHS hallway naming system in logic. Seriously, what the heck?
- If there's an interest, an SAS student is into it.
- There are an incredible number of clubs
- I will be hiking up and down stairs ALL DAY
- I have never seen such a big cafeteria in my life.
- There's a rock-climbing wall in the gym.
- There are... four? Dance studios. Holy shiitake mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment