Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hari Raya Puasa Holiday!

Hello,

Look who's posting again. Shocker. Today is Hari Raya, which is the day the Muslims finish their month-long fasting for Ramadan. Which means, no school for me! YEAH!

So, I woke up at noon, and have done nothing until this point, writing this blog post. Oh, I'll do my algebra II/Trig homework in a bit as well. Anyways, I went out last night with my friend Appu. It was kind of a long adventure of first meeting up in front of the right food stand (She was on the other end of the mall!) and then wandering around looking at shoes. It turns out that neither of us knew where we were going because we ended up in a mystery mall that had a Forever 21 somehow. Hey, I'm not complaining.
Singapore is confusing. More specifically, the underpasses are confusing, because if you take the wrong one, go too far, or take a wrong turn, you're in trouble. Which of course happened to us trying to go to Wheelock place. So much for that.

Discoveries and Noteworthy Occurrences:
-I've dropped out of the school play to be in the dance show instead
-Yesterday evening, Appu and I found a Sanrio store. It was like a little Hello Kitty Heaven
- We also found a bakery that lets you decorate your own cake. We were sorely tempted
- My parents and I found this really good breakfast-all-day place. I ate strawberry cake.
- At SAS, there is no point in running up and down the stairs to drop off papers. I am converted to emailing teachers last-minute emails
- There is fogging every Saturday or Sunday (maybe Sunday?) at my school to keep the mosquito population down. Dengue Fever is at an all-time high here in Singapore. The worst hit area is Woodlands, naturally where my school is
- Because of the fogging at my apartment building as well, my dad hasn't seen any lizards. He's very disappointed
-No matter how well you think you know the area by your apartment building, it will still look exactly the same as the building next door until your friend tells you you're walking the opposite direction
- Fruit juice here is amazing. It's ice, fruit, and simple syrup in a blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment