Thursday, August 11, 2011

No hable español...

Today was fun, but tiring!

Went to SAS really early in the morning (we left at 7am from our apartment, which is early for me!!) to take the Spanish placement test. And it was freaking difficult. The focus is quite different here, because in Bedford we learned more cultural stuff like medical words, car mechanic, fine arts, and places in Latin America. Well, apparently all they learn is grammar here. Because I saw tenses on this placement test that I never knew existed. Spanish III, here I go again. 

Ok, I don't actually know where I placed or anything, but I'm a bit worried about that. 

Afterwards, found my mom talking to an Indian lady. I can't remember her name, but her daughter's name is Appu and she's super nice. We were all talking together and they waited around for us to get the bus information as well as the white polo shirts. Once one gets washed I'll put pictures up of me in it with all the different skorts and stuff. It was funny buying polo shirts. The girls like their shirts tight so they look good (so American) and the guys like their shirts baggy (potato sack). Actually got a taxi with Appu and her mom because they live down the street from us, then went grocery shopping. My mom and I have decided we like Fair Price more because it's easier to get to from the apartment, has a better set up produce section, and sells the best ginger beer/root beer ever. At least in my opinion. 

When we were in the elevator to our apartment, this really tall man was in the elevator too, going to his apartment as well. I mean it when I say really tall. I'm talking, like my mom wasn't even shoulder height to him and she's 5'3. So that guy was at least 6'5, we thing. Probably closer to 7 feet tall. I can't get over how tall that guy was! He made my mom look like a dwarf!

School starts Monday... oh goodie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment