Friday, August 26, 2011

End of Week 2

Hello there,

I'm completely exhausted and it's only week two! I've been so busy with the play and dance and everything else, it's a bit overwhelming. Classes overall are going well though Chinese and Molecular Biology are so boring they routinely put me to sleep. I really like that it's a two-day rotation instead of a three day rotation because that means I get to meet with all my classes more equally and there are no "majors" and "minors" just "easy classes" and "hard classes" which I don't mind.

In dance today we did hip hop. It was fun but I'm not particularly good at hip hop, so I have to admit to hiding behind the guys (who were really good) and just following them a bit. It appears I don't have the "swag" for hip hop or something, though I don't really dance like a ballerina doing hip hop... I think I dance it more jazzy.

The Glow Dance, aka the first school dance, is tonight. I know it sounds pathetic but I'm going to sit this out partially because I'm so sore from dance earlier. The other half to it is that it's supposed to be one of those annoying school dances in which no one really dances but instead stands around awkwardly and talks. Then, during slow dances, everyone either runs to find that cute guy or else hides in the bathroom. Guess what?
I'm the hide in the bathroom kind of girl. Always have been.
So I guess I'm just going to spend my Friday night at home instead of spending an awkward 3 hours meeting people and socializing. And you know what? That sounds great to me because we have a freaking 3D TV (it arrived a week ago I think) and I'm going to watch a movie.

So, I guess I'm missing a great opportunity to meet people, but as a sophomore that's already stuck in classes with loads of freshman, I feel no need to drag my butt out the door and go to the Glow Dance.

Not looking forward to Monday... I have loads of tests!

I don't think I ever posted a uniform picture so here's me in the polo and shorts. Like every other girl at SAS I roll them up to make them shorter, because mid-thigh is a really awkward length that makes you look shorter. And that's something I don't need!

Someday when I get around to it I'll post a picture of the class shirt and also of the skirt.

Heard about the hurricane back in the USA. Let me know how you all are doing. Thinking of you all <3

(I also really hope the house doesn't get damaged because we were supposed to close on it on Monday)

No comments:

Post a Comment