Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Middle School Dance

When I decided I was going to blog today, I told myself that I wasn't going to rant about Middle School dance. However, I'm going to partially ignore my common sense and simply make a short list of things I learned about today from Middle School dance. 

1. Middle schoolers learn a lot slower than I thought they would.
2. If a girl says she's never danced before, she means it. Therefore she gets to stand in the back. 
3. Just because they say they can jump doesn't mean they can land. 
4. It is better to rule with fear than with love. 
5. Middle school dancers are extremely un-flexible~ I think I freaked a few of them out with my splits. 
6. I'm going to go insane from 7 weeks of this. 
7. I need to take off all jewelry and put it safely in my bag so I don't leave in the studio. 

There may not even be a point to me doing Middle School choreography if I decide not to join the High School choreography class. At the start of the year, my goal was really to get into Dance Performance (choreography class). But after I didn't make Varsity dance and started tech, I realised there's more to life than getting as many roles as possible. This doesn't mean I'll stop dancing- it just means I've found other things to do worth my time. 

Besides, techies are nicer people than dancers (in general). 

... so I'll just be the awkward hybrid girl who dances and techs the same show. Which is obviously not what I intend to do for High School 2nd semester dance show. Considering I'm not in the first half of the show, it's a perfectly reasonable idea...


No comments:

Post a Comment