Sunday, February 12, 2012

First Day in Japan

Here's my blog post from yesterday!

So we got in at whatever time we were supposed to, ditched our luggage and pulled on our coats. It was really cold. The Pakistani kid got searched and that was really funny. Anyways then we took the bus to this awesome temple. I made a wish there. After we ate our way down the street, we got back on the bus and had a tempura lunch. That was pretty good. We went shopping around this mall for a while before taking the bullet train to Hiroshima. It goes really fast, but you can't tell. So I fell asleep. 

Upon arriving at Hiroshima, we then went to the Hiroshima Memorial museum and park. It was amazing to see all the paper cranes at the Children's Memorial. The museum was less 'dramatic' then the Holocaust Museum in DC, but I think this one was more horrifying in the sense that America caused this disaster to occur. I didn't realise this before, but Hiroshima was positively flattened. It was awful.

Thankfully after that we went and met the host families. My host family and Dongi/Mark's host families are neighbours and kind of co-hosting us. Hiromi-San calls me Natsumi because she can't say 'Natalie'. 

Sorry it's short, I was tired. Will write again later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment