Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentines Day on the 10th

 My school is celebrating Valentines Day today because we're on Interim Semester over the 'real' Valentine's Day. I don't know if I've ever walked into school as nervous and excited as I did this morning. There were no projects to turn in or presentations to give (that I knew of), so all of my weirdness was coming from the whole 'Single Awareness Day/Valentine's Day' thing. Unfortunately, that makes me really spacey. Whatever.

First thing in the morning, I went to my Japan Interim home room to sit around being bored. Except it wasn't boring, because I got beautiful roses! Rather than red roses, the sender was thoughtful enough to send champagne (pink and gold-ish) roses to me. Yes, I 'm weird and prefer champagne or white roses to red. Whatever. I've been carrying them around all day and people have literally been stopping me in the hall asking me who they're from. 

I gave him his present after my Chinese class. It was one of the most nerve-racking things I've ever done in my life. Even though it's his birthday as well as 'Valentines Day', I pretty much only have him a 'Valentine's Day' present according to my friends. Very well then.


If you're reading this, ありがとうございます。I'm not keen on saying more publicly on this blog. Either way, I hope you know how much they mean to me. Also, happy birthday again!

Moving on....


In Chinese class this morning, I failed epically writing a little skit about Interim Semester. It was something along the lines of getting on the wrong flight and ending up in Japan rather than China. Which is incredibly interesting, of course. This was followed by Dance III, in which Ms. V gave us the day off. So, we sat on our butts watching Step Up 2 laughing at the terrible acting. Seriously, I know the 'actors' are really dancers, but it's not that hard to act halfway naturally. And why does the female protagonist always seem to be in itty-bitty tops? I mean, any real school would have a dress code preventing her from wearing such revealing clothing. 

Then I went to lunch all the way on the fourth floor to celebrate my friend's birthday.  I think he did pretty well overall in terms of getting presents. A mutual friend baked him cupcakes and we all had a quite lovely time. I gave him a Japanese candy as part of his Valentines Day/Birthday present that was a cherry jelly. So randomly in the middle of lunch, there was the classic 'Asian slurping something' sound. 

... It was funnier than it sounds.

Anyways, I just got out of law class, in which we watched a movie about the OJ Simpson trial/case. It was really interesting. For whatever reason I didn't know much about the depths of the trial before this class. However, I can now understand why it had such a great impact on the American society. Currently sitting in my free, wondering how I'm going to kill an hour. Perhaps I'll go to the tech office to avoid tech-withdrawal for the next week. 

So, I'm flying out to Japan in roughly 11 hours. That means I probably won't be blogging for a week. Which will be pretty weird, but I'll have lots of talk about afterwards. 

YEAH!!!!!!!



Shout out to my reader in Russia: Hey, it's really cool you're still reading my blog! Hope everything is going well for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment