Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Can't Stop Smiling

After a series of mediocre days, I've finally had a really good day. There were a few main events that set this day apart from the usual Monday misery.

Since it was the first day of the week, I had to go down to the tech meeting (four floors and the other side of the school from where I was. As I was heading down the hall,  I could see the guy I like up ahead, not entering the room. It was kind of strange. Before I got particularly close to the door, he pulled me aside.  Not going to lie, he looked really nervous. So we both awkwardly found this little place where we could talk, and he asked me out.

I'm pretty certain my heart skipped a beat. Or two.

I can't even remember what I said in response, but it was obviously some form of 'yes'. Time does really strange things sometimes, and this was one of those times when I didn't know if seconds, minutes, or hours were going by. Must have only been seconds. It's a proper relief to know one's feelings are returned. Pretty certain I walked into the tech meeting with a big smile on my face.


Change of topic...
In dance class today, we had to perform our partnering/weight transfer dance. It sounds really strange, but it was actually a lot of fun. Though I'm terribly sore now (stupid shin splints), the piece ended up being well worth the 3 class periods of sweat and effort. For whatever reason, the ending that we rehearsed the least was actually the best part.
I don't have the video for today's piece, but here's my solo from last semester. The theme is 'regret' and the music is 'Dream is Collapsing' from the Inception Soundtrack.





So there's an example of my dancing, aren't you thrilled?

Essentially I can't remember anything about today because it sort of went by in a blur of being really happy. Honestly- it's like the whole day slipped out of my mind completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment