Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Dislike HOJ

I probably should either be updating this blog more, or make a regular timetable so I don't feel lazy all the time.

On Sunday, I ended up going to the movies with Nick, Cat, and a few other people. We saw the most confusing movie ever made, Ghost Rider 2. Physics was completely defied as the characters ended up all over Europe. There was this Gypsy woman who's son did not share her accent, which was weird. Not to mention a random prophecy mentioned halfway through the movie or the other bad guy with the power of decay. Generally I'm pretty good at following movie plots and such,  but I walked out completely confused.

Afterwards a minor event took place, but I'll leave it at that.

Yesterday was Parent Night for my Japan interim trip, which was surprisingly fun. I gave the same speech about ten times to various parents, but my 'Kawaii' project was quite strong overall, if I say so myself.

So, I've typed this blog post up during History of Japan. While I enjoyed HOC, HOJ is draining the life out of me. I think I have a substitute teacher in math after this. That will be extremely unproductive!

Later on in the Day:

I really ought to stop blogging so early in the day, because things always happen that I feel bad about not mentioning.

First thing in the morning (before HOJ) I went and 'worked the sound board' (stood around doing nothing) during this rather long assembly. Honestly it's nice to appreciate our artists and such, but there's eoften very little point in it because no one really cares. That being said, I knew a decent number of the delegates/people going to the Cultural Conventions. Dance, drama, singing, speaking, story-telling... all recognised as reasons to send kids to the other IASAS schools in competition.

At lunch today, there was a minor strange occurrence. I'm sitting around doing nothing with Nick and some other techies when I hear this random guy say something like, 'Hey Natalie, my long lost love'. Apparently the guy is in my grade, and since he knew a surprising amount about me I won't mention his name here. At the time I didn't know his name, and it was very, very strange. He then proceeded to ask me for my HOJ notes (mildly ironic). Somehow I convinced Nick to send this random guy his notes. Anyways, this guy kept saying that Nick was incredibly awesome and that he loved him. Which wasn't strange in the slightest. And obviously did not annoy me. Therefore, I did not attempt to  to hit this annoying guy with a hockey stick.  I think I ended up hitting Nick instead. Needless to say, my boyfriend was not very happy with this Sophomore. At least the other people at lunch got a very good laugh.

There was no dance today (though I thought there was and bothered to bring black tights to school >.<) but there was Floor Hockey. Not entirely certain why I went back a second week, but I'm getting a bit better. No one was hit in the face by me today. So, I am quite proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment