Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fever? What's That?

I'm not entirely certain why I went to school (and then stayed after school) when I'm pretty certain I woke up with a slight fever. As it was my slacker day (Dance, Law, Free, Chinese) I guess I wouldn't have missed much. Seems like the whole school is sick after Interim- there's a few colds going around, not to mention various stomach bugs. A few of my friends went to China and got sick, but insist on coming to school. Seriously, going to school with a cold is acceptable. Going to school after being violently ill all night... not so much.

I received the 30 clip of music I have to choreograph to for the Middle School dance show, and I have to say, it's one of the weirdest Chinese music clips I've ever heard. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. There are absolutely no counts. This is going to be a blast.

After school today instead of going to tech immediately, I went to Floor Hockey. Floor Hockey is not exactly a club I would go to by myself, but I had promised Joy I would go. I also kind of promised Mari. And Nick, the president of Floor Hockey Club. After a quick how-to-hold-the-stick lesson, I found myself playing. Two other female techies were there too, though I must say I think they were better than me. I failed multiple times, but in my defense it was my first time playing in a few years (oh, 7th grade gym class). The weirdest fail was when I was hit in the stomach with the wiffle ball, which caused me to smack Nick in the face. Oops.

Because going home at a reasonable time is not something I can comprehend anymore, I then went to Middle School musical rehearsal. I signed up to apprentice sound, which is either going to be really interesting, or mildly stupid. The dancing in that show is horrendous at the moment. It ought to shape up before the show... hopefully.

I'm going to go to bed early tonight to try and get better. Does anyone know any good cold remedies?

To show off my Japan photos, I'm just going to upload random ones every blog post until I get bored.


The host families in Hiroshima (technically, in Kure city) making Okinomiyaki. From the left: My host mom Hiromi, the other host mom, me, Mark, the other host father. In blue is my host father, Tooru.

No comments:

Post a Comment