Sunday, February 5, 2012

Science Sunday

Surprise of the day everyone: I'm super tired.

It couldn't have been because I was babysitting until 2:30 am last night. Nope. Not at all. While the parents never gave me a time, I was sort of hoping for midnight. But of course it they couldn't have gotten home at midnight. Instead, they got back half an hour later than they even intended. Thankfully I got a good tip from them though. And it did get to the point when I was being paid to sit at their dining room table playing video games and card games while texting a friend. So essentially, I shouldn't be complaining.

Today I went to the Singapore Science Centre with two friends and their mutual friend. The mutual friend (who I'm pretty certain knows a decent amount about me) was making a video for his History of Malaysia/Singapore class. Personally I think the whole project is pointless, but it gave me an excuse to see some exhibits. Since being 15 made me a 'child', I only had to pay $5 to get in. The Science Centre may have been for slightly younger children/people, but it was still pretty fun overall. I wish I had gotten to spend more time in some of the exhibits. 

Here's a video of the fire tornado, or whatever it's called. 

I assume I threw in some random commentary. Sorry about that. 

The Science Centre was a good opportunity for me to hang out with friends that I normally only see in school/tech. It was kind of funny on the MRT though, because we were all really tired. Oh well. 

I can't believe there are only 6 (5 if you don't count today) days until I leave for Japan! I've started sorting through everything and making sure I have enough cold-weather clothes.
Since we're on Interim Semester during Valentine's Day, the school celebrates it on the 10th. 

Did you know that in Japan, it is customary for girls to give chocolate to the boy she likes. Then on March 14th, which is known as 'White Day' in Japan, the boy who received a girl's chocolate is supposed to give her a present back. Valentine's Day in Japan was introduced by a company who was actually trying to market to foreigners. A typo in their campaign created the custom of women giving chocolate out. As expected, the concept for White Day was also created by a company. Apparently it was a marshmallow company who wanted men to give women marshmallows, but it failed and white presents are given instead. There! You learned something today. Or if you watch enough anime, you learned absolutely nothing :P

And I'm now I think it's time to stop writing about random things. I like blogging more often than I used to. As this blog is significantly less interesting now that the action of moving and settling in is over, I guess I'll just spam all you readers with how my days go. Whatever. 

When something interesting does happen regarding living here in Singapore, I'll mention it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment