Saturday, February 4, 2012

... Super Saturday?

Today was never going to be a good day, and part of it is my fault. The other part I could have made less miserable for myself, but I inadvertently went and made it difficult. 

I was on Skype chatting with someone until 2:50 am, which is 'my fault' in making today miserable. While chatting was fun, it made me really tired today. These days I haven't been getting a lot of sleep. So, I've been running off of pure reserve energy and general happiness. 

Yup. Happiness. Because something changed and I'm trying to be more optimistic. Living in the moment is more fun than living in the past.

Anyways, I had Chinese dance today at DES (Dance Ensemble Singapore). And it went moderately okay for the first half, which is basic warm up, stretches, and ballet. Then the actual Chinese dance part of class started, and I found myself on a slippery slope. My teacher is good and all, but she only speaks in rapid Chinese. To be completely honest, I consider myself lucky to understand the 'question words' at the end of the sentences. Understanding what is actually going on in class is next to impossible. To make matters worse, I was wearing pink ballet tights instead of white Chinese dance tights. Then my nails had red nail varnish on them. Great. Needless to say, teacher yelled at me for that. 

There's this one part of the class when we work on a big dance that someday we'll perform. It's using 'water sleeves', or really long silk sleeves. Memorising the dance isn't too difficult, but the timing is a totally different story. She yelled at me a lot for going to fast. Then I was too slow. Then I forgot what I was doing and hit the girl by accident. 

I'm going to try to avoid complaining about Chinese dance every week, because I realise that it is pretty boring to read all the time. Ultimately I don't hate the class, or the teacher. I hate how I can't speak Chinese (and Chinese 1 is teaching me NOTHING useful) or remember basic dress code rules that I didn't know existed. 

Moving on, my family is helping me get ready for my Japan interim trip. I'm really looking forward to exploring that beautiful country on my own. I doubt I'll be updating my blog on the trip, but if I can I will. 

Instead of going to some parade with a friend tonight, I'm babysitting. Which is probably going to end up being a story, because I've been requested to discuss something with the girl I'm watching. Still haven't made up my mind on how I feel about that.

I'm not entirely certain if anyone reads this blog. Want to leave me a comment?
Er... here's a question. What is the most valuable language (other than English) to be learning right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment