Friday, August 24, 2012

I'm Silly

You know, I've lived in Singapore for over a year...

And yet I still don't bother to check the websites of classes I try and attend, which results in me showing up to discover there's no class. Naturally, this happened to me today trying to go to the adult class at Singapore Dance Theatre. They have a show going on this week- no classes. I was all dressed up and ready to go, and arrived early. However, the place was totally silent. The doors were still open so I went up to find a lovely little timetable with "NO CLASS" beside all of today's classes. Then my mother wouldn't pick up her phone... I was walking around in a pastel green dress, tights, and hair in a bun for a while. Got quite a few stares.

Also, I am losing my ability to recognise my mother in public. There was a white woman with blonde hair walking on the opposite side of the street I was standing on, and I thought she was my mother. So, I started trying to get her attention. Not only did I fail, but I realised later that the lady on the street really didn't look like my mother at all except for her hair colour. Oh well.

Upon getting home after having frozen yogurt out, I tried to take a shower. Here in Singapore, I have to turn on my hot water heater for at least 15 minutes before I have enough hot water to do so. Unfortunately for me, that meant I got blasted with cold water. Lovely. So as I sit here typing this, my hair is dripping cold water on me.

It was a professional techie's last day today, and I only saw him briefly. So I am kind of sad about that. Regardless, today was a nice day overall.

I don't feel like putting up a quote. Have a picture of Totoro. Totoro makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment