Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Thought List

Well, I should be going to bed because tomorrow is my first day of school. But, instead I'm going to make a random thought list. Because that's logical, of course.

1. Nothing in the world compares to a little respect.
            It's not that hard. Just thanking someone when they hand you something is lovely.

2. There's no such thing as perfection.
            There's no perfect school timetable, teacher, friend, person, activity or event. Everything                             has flaws, and it takes a while to accept them.

3. Modesty has never hurt anyone. Being arrogant hurts everyone.

4. Even when you think you know everything, there's still more to learn.
             I think that's something all high schoolers need to remember. Scratch that- everyone needs to remember that. Including myself.

5. Everyone has something to contribute.

6. There are few things worse than hatred due to ignorance.
           If everyone took the time learn about other people, cultures, religion, etc, when we'd all be a lot better off.

7. Change takes time, patience and energy.

8. Being a better person takes time, motivation, energy, and a will to help others.
          That's something I'm going to be doing this coming school year. Either that, or I'm going to go ultimate nerd. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. You are off to a good start in the new school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a mom of two daughters (16 and 13). I've been reading your blog because there is a strong possibility that we are moving to Singapore. I have to say that you are truly an amazing young woman. I had to post because I think your "thoughts" are excellent. These are thoughts that I strive to teach my daughters in yet, you already have come up with them yourself. Your parents should be proud of you.

    We are considering SAS. Your experiences have really made me like it more.

    I've jotted down several items that will be useful. Thanks for your insights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. I've been travelling and having a lot of problems getting this my email account to work (which is linked with the blog). Anyways, I don't know if you will be alerted that I'm replying, but I just wanted to let you know that this comment meant a lot to me!

      Delete