Sunday, August 5, 2012

Blacklists and New Shoes



I'm too lazy to complain more about Snow City, so here's my vlog on it. Not impressed in the slightest.


Other than that, I had a pretty good day today. Didn't do much this morning and got to talk to Nick a bit. I can't wait until he comes back to Singapore! Then went out shopping with my mom and got some new sandals.

In addition, I started re-reading A World Lit Only by Fire, which was a book I had to read over the summer for AP Euro. The reason I started re-reading it is because I felt like I was only looking for information to fill out the worksheet, not to actually read it. Strangely enough, the book is a lot less boring when read for fun. It's pretty interesting, really.

I think this is an interesting point. When people read to fill out worksheets, they are only looking for that information 75% of the time. The other stuff is just boring. But when people read for fun, they absorb a lot more. They also don't count pages until the thing is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment