Thursday, August 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Singapore!

For those of you who don't know, today is Singapore's 47th birthday. Otherwise known as National Day. It's pretty cool that today on Twitter, loads of things regarding Singapore are trending. It's also cool that so many stores were open (on the 4th of July, everything is closed!). 

Today I did terribly non-National Day-ish things. I had brunch at the Five and Dime restaurant down the street, which was pretty good. It's not cheap, but I've never had a bad dish there. Then after hanging around at home for a while my family and I went to Giant. Giant is like a Walmart and a Cosco... kind of. It doesn't have as many bulk items as Cosco, but it's got everything under the sun like Walmart. So, we picked up a bunch of stuff such as cork boards for my room (still have to put them up- I'll take a picture eventually). The amount and diversity of stuff sold there is kind of shocking to me. There's just nothing quite like that in the States. 

After Giant, we went out for an early dinner at ION before seeing The Dark Knight Rises. 

And I feel like I've said this before, but seriously: the ending to that movie is the perfect set up for a Titans movie! Or at least a Robin movie. 

So now I'm home and I have a headache since we saw it in IMAX. IMAX is cool, but it never fails to make me feel ill. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment