Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bye Bye House

Hello,

So there have been a lot of changes these last couple of days, but I've been without internet for a while, then just too darn lazy to post anything.

The movers came on Tuesday and left on Thursday, and were pretty darn good after we had issues with the painters back in June. It was kind of annoying to have the movers around all the time packing things and not having a driveway at all. Whatever, the job is done and the house is empty now.

Packing was actually rather interesting, and very different than if we were moving within the States. Basically, we had to divide our belongings into Store, Sea, Suitcase, and Air. The "Store" stuff goes in a storage place and we don't see it until we come back, in three to five years. "Sea" is nonessential but important things (like furniture, we're renting a good amount of it in Singapore) that takes six to eight weeks to arrive. Air, similar to Sea, only takes three weeks to arrive and pretty much has paperwork. Suitcase is what we take with us, and is currently what I'm living out of. If you can't imagine it by now, let me tell you: dividing things up was TIME CONSUMING! As well as being pretty difficult in my opinion, because I sort of wanted to take everything with me all at once, while not really wanting to take anything.

We're eating out all the time because we have nothing to cook, and nothing to cook with (even our forks and spoons are gone). Here's a really less-than-subtle hint to my Bedford friends... get me out of the house! Ok, just kidding. But there's nothing really to do and it's hot as blazes in the house since there is no AC.

I performed for what hopefully isn't the last time with Ms. Carrie on Thursday at some dance camp, it was really nice to see everyone that came and also to see her again. If she's reading this, thanks again for being such an awesome teacher and helping me grow as a dancer and a person. To all her dancers, thanks for teaching me so much about dance (even if you didn't know I was learning from you) and about being a better friend and dance buddy.

Other things to note: The house! So we are indeed selling the house, according to my dad the house is going on the market later in July. We're getting our floors fixed up, everything has already been painted, and the kitchen was redone. In other words, I think the house looks great and it's kind of annoying to have to leave it. Oh, well. The apartment in Singapore will be pretty.

I'll post videos and photos tomorrow of the house. If I could find my video camera connector cable, I'd put them in this blog post, but you can't always win.

No comments:

Post a Comment