Monday, July 25, 2011

Justin Bieber and Walking the Wrong Way

Ok first off people, I have not seen JB here in Singapore. Second, I do not particularly like him. Third, JB's hair is not original.

Actually, it's the farthest thing from original ever in Singapore. I'd say roughly 1/3 of Asian guys have some form of a classic swept fringe. So take that JB! You're not creative, you just looked at Asian magazines and got your hair cut to match the boy band members! HA!

Okay, so here's what I did today. My father started working today so he left pretty early this morning. Mom  and I got a late start and first went to Cold Storage, which is a grocery. We bought more fruit, paper towels (really needed/missed those) and some jam. Interesting, I know. We then tried to buy a EZ-link card at 7-Eleven, but then learned you buy those at the MRT station and can top it off at 7-Eleven. Well, then. So we went to Orchard Station and got our EZ-link cards, which was relatively painless.
Instead of taking the MRT to the Expat furniture place (I was all for it) we got a taxi. After initial panic that we were heading west instead of east, we got there and finalised more furniture rental stuff. Thank goodness.

We took the bus back, which wasn't terribly complicated though Mom didn't tap her card correctly and I tapped mine from under her arm as she flipped her card over in an attempt to see what was wrong. Actually on the way to the bus stop my mom accidentally stepped on a dead bird. It was really gross (naturally when I saw it I ran away with a loud "AHHH!"). She probably doesn't want me to keep reminding her of that, but whatever. Anyways after the bus we walked to our apartment. Well, we walked the opposite way to for a while but eventually asked a helper on the street and got to the apartment. It was very hot, took forever, and was totally my fault because I thought I saw our building in the distance (but it wasn't). When we got to our building we actually met our neighbor that lives on the same floor in the elevator and then just sort of wandered about the apartment.

I'm going to be posting two new videos, one of the temporary apartment/car and one of the actual apartment, however I can't finish either video in time for this post, so I'll upload them in separate posts :D

No comments:

Post a Comment