Friday, July 29, 2011

Attack of the Lizard!

Wow, I did a lot of walking today, everyone.

Today I went to the Singapore Zoo with my father's coworker's daughter, Cathryn. She's a year older than me and has been attending SAS for years. We had lunch at Wisma Atria and chatted for a while before heading over to the zoo by taxi.

The zoo is amazing. It's basically a jungle with animals in it. Well... sort of. I loved it!
Highlights:
- White tigers. 3 of them
- Otters, because I love them
- Giraffes, because I love them
- Kangaroos
- Ring tailed lemurs
- Every monkey you can imagine
- The 3 Ben and Jerry's Ice cream places

We wandered around for a few hours, looking at almost everything but the reptiles and amphibians because she's not a huge fan of them either.

There's this really cool section of the zoo called "Fragile Forest" that I liked a lot. Basically, it's like a biodome in which you walk around and the animals are walking around freely as well. We saw one of the world's cutest duck-looking birds, an interesting blue bird, various other birds, butterflies, bats, and ring-tailed lemurs, that were not the least bit scared of us! It was really neat to see all the different animals so close up.

Got ice-cream after walking around, it tasted so good after sweating for hours!

Ok, ok. I'm sure you're wondering why this post is titled "Attack of the Lizard". Well, Cathryn and I were walking in one of the more wooded areas of the zoo after looking at some monkeys. Something green fell onto Cathryn and she thought it was a leaf or something. Since it had appeared to get stuck, I glanced over slightly before she did and screamed. It was a 5-6 inch lizard with an equally, if not longer, tail! So naturally we screamed and she flicked it off her shoulder. I found the whole ordeal hilarious and was pretty much laughing the whole time. Granted, if it had been me I would have panicked worse than her, so it's probably good it didn't land on me. I had a great day :)

Here's the video...




and here's a link to my Facebook for photos!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1697608219420.68972.1814328890&l=2863071e3e&type=1

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie!!! What a great zoo! Did you feel like one of the animals? What food did you eat there? I love you! Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete