Thursday, July 21, 2011

Second Day

Wow! Today was quite a busy day!

Received the keys for our actual apartment today and got oriented about how everything works. It's a bit confusing because there are a lot of locks and keys, but we'll figure it out eventually. My whole family forgot how grand and beautiful the entrance of our apartment complex is- it's really something amazing! I didn't take a video or photos because I figured I'll have plenty of time to do so once there's less going on. I'm pretty sure my room and closet space is larger than what I had at the States, in addition I have my own bathroom here which is pretty cool. Then we spent a good part of the day picking out furniture, which was mostly easy though the selection wasn't great and we didn't get a sofa or my bed. Ah well.

Went shopping afterwards and explored the network of malls that actually are like streets. It's air conditioned and fairly easy to navigate for MRT stations and such. Mom and I went grocery shopping- bought some fruit! Bananas are like 19 cents per 100 grams or something I think. Super, super cheap.

It's the Great Singapore Sale (Not entirely certain of what it's called) where practically every store has a sale. It mostly ends on July 24th so I'm pretty excited to actually go shopping for clothes, the apartment, and school supplies. Which is slightly odd, but whatever.

Observation List:

- People walk on the left, like how they drive, but not really because in reality if you just keep walking and pass whichever direction people will walk around you and roll their eyes
- Every single tea stand sells bubble tea
- Summer camp kids wear uniforms for camp
-People don't stare at my parents, or at me. They stare at the combination


I have no idea if this video will embed itself properly so I'll post the link as well, but here's the Bedford House video!




LiNk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPe5g9L7arM

No comments:

Post a Comment