Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bye, Bedford

Hey Everyone,

So today is the big day, the day my family and I are taking off and flying to Singapore. I'm really excited to move there and start a new chapter in my life. However, I'm sad to have to say good-bye to many people, but as I remind myself, and I remind you, that I will stay in touch with this blog, Facebook, email, and Skype.  I will visit, date still to be determined. And seriously people come visit me, Singapore is a beautiful country and we do have a guest room!

I'm actually not terribly sad to be leaving Bedford, for while it's a sweet little town and I did grow up there, there's a lot more doors open to me now because I'm moving and will be graduating from an international high school. There's actually things to do within walking distance in Singapore in the evening that are remotely interesting to do, and there's places to go in general that are accessible with the MRT. I still find it bittersweet though because I do love Bedford, with Bedford Farms in the summer and school open when every other school is closed. I love the friends I have hear in Bedford, many of whom I've grown up with and gotten to know better over the years. Or they moved in. Whatever. Bedford is a wonderful place that I'll miss but I'm excited for the change.


There are few specific people I'd like to thank for keeping me sane these last couple of months, but since I'm not sure if you read this blog and would like your names up, I'll just say in general I'm so thankful for your support and you all putting up with me whine about how much I wanted a desk to study for finals at.

So everyone, the next time I post I'll be in Singapore. And hopefully I'll finally get those videos of packing the house up, but if not I'm going to put them on YouTube and post links.

~Natalie

* I'm in the SAS lounge at the moment. Google/Blogger is entirely in Swedish at the moment so I hope this actually posts and I don't hit the wrong button

No comments:

Post a Comment