Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday Update

Hello, everyone.

I just lost my original blog post and I'm irritated about that... oh well. I think we're starting to get settled into this new area. My mom and I have successfully taken the bus a few more times, walked to our apartment without getting lost, and navigated the underground to find the food court that has a good pasta place. So in a sense, I think we're doing ok. Furniture rental stuff is settling down, the air shipment came in today, and Dad is loving his car.

My vanity arrived yesterday, the first piece of furniture in the house. I'm very happy that it arrived and it is quite beautiful. In addition to the vanity I'm getting a teakwood bed and desk, both which are custom (which is relatively common here, either that or all the furniture is from IKEA) and very pretty. There will be photos, I promise, when I get them in 2-3 months.

Also yesterday I got my school uniform skirts. Actually they're skorts, shorts, and yoga pants. I'll put pictures up when I get the full uniform for all you back in Bedford to laugh at me. I actually don't mind uniforms, it makes my mornings much easier. SAS isn't very strict, as long as you pass dress code (similar to a middle school dress code) you're good to go.

We got thumb-printed for our cards, Dad's EP card and mom and my something-or-another card, that proves we're living here legally. It was really funny because my parent's thumbs were too dry (my mom in particular) so the lady working at the Employment Service Centre had to put cream on their thumbs. We've done a lot of walking around looking at places.

Here's the video of our apartment- finally :D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie! great video. Love the vanity. Do you own it or rent it? I love you! Aunt Nancy oxoxox

    ReplyDelete