Saturday, November 26, 2011

Oops

So I realise I haven't been posting lately- my bad.

Here's a choppy update because I really want to go watch Death Note instead of write this, but I'm feeling terribly guilty:

Thanksgiving:
Went to a fancy-schmancy restaurant that had an amazingly good turkey! Completely amazing- one of the best I've ever had (sorry Dad). However, I was filling up fast on the sweet potato stuff. It was cheesy, amazing sweet potatoes that were really creamy and ohmygoodnessyum worthy. Of course, there was also the very typical noodles and sushi that you totally see at every Thanksgiving meal. And the chocolate fountain, that's pretty ordinary too. Ha. Desert was also a knockout with pumpkin pie, pecan tart, cheesecake, mysterious green-coloured cake... yup, it was wonderful!

Yesterday:
We went to the Zoo. My father and I both took lots of pictures as I got more practice with the Nikon D90. One of these days, I'm going to figure out how to put a whole ton of photos up on here that won't take 3 days to upload. Anyways, it was good fun even though it ended up hot. I also think a bird pooped on my dad. 

Today:
We went to the ArtScience Museum ( I went to the "Shipwrecked" exhibit back in April that was also there) and saw the "Titanic" exhibit. I couldn't take photos or videos but I learned a lot about the ship while looking at the replica grand stair case, first-class cabin, and 3-rd class cabins. It was an amazing exhibit that was strangely emotional (and also freezing cold, seriously air con doesn't need to be set at 18 degrees, thanks). Here's a picture from some random website:

                                                    http://comesingapore.com/pic/load/2368
Afterwards, we wandered around the Marina Bay Sands area before finally deciding to eat at TWG Tea, which is basically a fancy tea shop. The macaroons there are really good- I had 2 after my meal but could have eaten, like, 20. YUM!

What's Up With Me:
I'm really dreading that Christmas break is coming up even though we might go somewhere like Bali. It's not that I don't want time off- it's that I'm fearing exams! It's a lot of stress and tears to get through and they are worth a decent chunk of my grade, which is scary.
I didn't get into varsity dance this year, which is disappointing because I was apparently one spot away from making alternates (which is essentially part of the team). Oh well.
Social life:
Non-existant. 
Okay, not really. I've recently become a huge anime/manga fan for no apparent reason other than it's nice to hear Japanese being spoken (though I hardly understand a word). I'm currently really into Kuroshitsuji, Death Note, and Hetalia. Which is great, because exactly two people I know here like anime, and one is a boy who is going to Japan with me. Too bad we have no excuses to talk to each other. The other girl is in my dance class, so once again we have virtually no excuse to talk. Grr. Never thought I'd say this, but I miss my old town's crazy anime kids like crazy. If I hadn't moved, I'd be hanging out with them this year for sure!
Well, it's pretty late. To bed I go. In theory :D

No comments:

Post a Comment