Saturday, November 5, 2011

3 Day Weekend!

For some very odd reason, I feel like I haven't really been in school that much these days. Wait, it's because I haven't. After a 5 day weekend just over a week ago, I have a 3 day weekend for a Muslim holiday. It's quite nice, really.

Yesterday my mom and I went down Arab Street and Haji Lane. The last time I was there it was in April, and we had an interesting experience to say the least. This time, however, we went there during the daylight, and we learned a lot. Arab Street is mostly fabric shops, but that doesn't really do it justice. It's more like the most beautiful fabric shops in the world with batik and silks. Haji Lane is high fashion at relatively inexpensive prices, which shocked me. Honestly Haji Lane was really charming and pretty until we got to the end of the lane where it was a big... well icky I suppose.

Going to do homework now, but I'm glad I found out what Haji Lane is really like. I don't think it's that bad or anything- in contrast I think it's wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment