Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dance Show

Okay, I've been so busy with getting ready for the dance show this week that I haven't had a lot of time to do anything but finish projects and do homework. Note sleep is not listed in things I've been doing lately. I really hate this quick update posts because they're just not interesting.

Here's my little realization of the day.

No matter how hard I work, there's always someone working harder. No matter how high my grades are, someone else's are higher. In dance, someone can always turn faster, jump higher, is more flexible. To some, this is very discouraging. To others, it encourages them to work even harder. I'm in in the latter group, mostly because I always want to do my best even when it sounds crazy. Then I go and start learning how to read Katana on the side as part of my Japanese learning experience, but that's kind of irrelevant. Anyways, while I understand that some people get discouraged, I don't get why they at least don't try. If you don't get the turn right, do it again. Even if it's not as good as the girl next to you, at least a get a turn so you don't stand in the middle of the stage doing nothing like an idiot.

That is all. Students, please at least half-heartedly make an attempt instead of doing absolutely nothing. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment