Sunday, September 11, 2011

Room Pictures!

Good afternoon, 

Here are some pictures of my room now that I've done a decent amount of unpacking today. I was actually given a new camera yesterday because it came for free with the TV so now each of us have a camera. Since I've got the new camera I'll try to put more pictures up!


My bookshelf! The bottom left is academic, the bottom right is Harry Potter, the top left is smartical books, and the top right is artsy! There's also a framed photo of a girl I used to babysit and me, as well as my photoshoot book. And a piggy bank.

My dresser. From left to right: 7 layer stacking doll from Russia, Ganesha the elephant head god from India, blue bird embroidery from China, a little ivory penguin that my mom gave me and a swan I painted in Taiwan. 

So I can't remember what I've already posted on this blog because I'm cool like that, so here's some pictures of surrounding buildings and such.

This is from my room. The building in the foreground has really bright lights that turn on when the sun goes down. It's annoying.


The lovely abandoned building next door, from my parent's room. Yes, abandoned.


View from the dining area of the pool. It's a huge pool that I sort of cut off. Also you can see the balcony of the people below us.

On Friday we actually went to this Moon Festival fair thing that had easily 20 vendors selling all sorts of mooncakes, from traditional to durian to pineapple. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in terms of buying mooncakes! We got two pineapple ones and one traditional one with white lotus seed. I love the traditional ones, I'm terribly old fashioned I suppose. Some vendors were actually baking mooncakes at the fair thing. There was a lot of durian which most people think smells pretty bad, but there's something wrong with me and I think it smells good! I don't know if I'll try it, but I didn't mind the smell very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment