Sunday, July 8, 2012

Time

Summer is a really strange time of year. It's hot like the rest of the year, which makes it feel insignificant. Other students are still walking around in uniform, which makes me feel lazy. People are away and can't hang out with me, which makes me feel lonely.

Time works differently, too. It's easy to waste an hour or so to Diablo 3 (which is very addicting and lots of fun), but impossible to focus on AP Euro work or SAT prep. Movies feel like only seconds long while airplane rides seem like eternity. I wish I could understand why everything is so strange, but it's probably best I don't.

Today I went to the Singapore Flower Show, which was nice overall. It was not the most exciting thing on the planet by any stretch of the imagination, but there were some nice exhibits.  I bought a pretty plant there, though. Apparently it's really hard to take care of, which is going to be a disaster. I'm pretty good at killing plants (or keeping them an inch from death) so, this is going to be a little adventure. When I was younger, I loved nature and taking care of things. Now, I'm proud of myself for remembering to water the thing every now and again.

 Honestly, I don't really get why some people enjoy plants so much. It's not that I don't appreciate how pretty they are or anything- I just don't understand the need to pour money, time and convention centre space into flowers. That being said, I love lolita, anime and manga, which I'm sure some people don't understand. In that, I guess it's a two-way street. 

I've had a lovely week overall with Nick, but he's leaving for the USA tomorrow. Deepti left today and Marianna's been there for over a month... it's kind of lonely around here. At least in this day and age there's lots of modes of communication- otherwise I think I would lose my mind.



"Think of me, think of me fondly when we've said goodbye" ~ "Think of Me", Phantom of the Opera

No comments:

Post a Comment