Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Singapore Dance Theatre Class at Fort Canning

I actually did something interesting today!


This "morning" (Around 11:55 am) I got up to discover that my room was practically 29 degrees. This would be due to my stupid aircon not working. Unfortunately, that meant a fair amount of this day was spent out of my room as it was too darn hot to stay in there for very long. I had my Chinese lesson as usual, which is nice. I'm moving through the workbook really fast, so I have lots and lots of new words to remember. I'd say I remember 1/3 of them right away and then have to study. That being said, there's always a few words that I can't remember if my life depends on it.

Chinese class was followed by a nap in my very warm room. Then I had dinner and put on a leotard and tights for the first time in WAY too long.

Finding the class at Fort Canning park wasn't very easy, as the taxi driver clearly had no idea where he was going. The studio had no aircon and instead had a bunch of fans, which meant everyone was sweating by tendus. I had a good time, though I'm really out of shape. I didn't lose my flexibility though, which means I could get my legs really high. On the other hand, it also meant that I couldn't necessarily move fast enough to make the tempo, which is kind of silly. At the end of the day, I was a bit better than average in the class. Sort of depressing, really.

Leaving Fort Canning at night was highly complicated. Parts of the park are blocked off due to construction, which means getting down the hill was confusing. It's also not well-lit in some areas, and my mom was scared she'd fall down the hill. Eventually we did find our way out, though it sure did take a while.

Now I am very, very sore.

Quote of the Day:  "I'm only human, after all" - "Human" by The Parlotones

No comments:

Post a Comment