Sunday, September 1, 2013

Uneventful Sunday

There's no real reason to post today except that it's the first of September. I cannot recall if that means it's really the "first day of autumn", but for all intents and purposes I think it is. Sadly, Natalie's first day of autumn was spent indoors alternating between having the aircon on when the room got stuffy and off once I froze.  Gloriously exciting, I know.

Though from what I understand it's quite warm in Boston, I'll recount what it was like to be small waiting for autumn to really settle in. The last days of summer were lazy and hazy- thunder in the midst of a dark day, or so bright opening up your eyes was hard. The pool at the local community club got filled with dead bugs and pine leaves as people went on last-minute summer holidays. It was too hot to really do anything at all, yet sometimes the nights cooled down just enough to remind everyone that eventually, winter would come.

I miss knowing that there would be change. The "rainy season" and "dry season" business doesn't really do it for me. This is my third year living here, and in a lot of ways it feels like my first. Social aspects aside, without a change of season it is hard to remember that time is really moving forward. I suppose not growing taller any more doesn't help the situation. Lately when I've been looking in the mirror I've realised that my hair has actually gotten rather long. Not as long as when I moved here, but fast approaching. When I leave, it will be the same length as when I arrived- like I had never been here in the first place. Isn't that curious?

There is no way to judge time here in Singapore with everything so rhythmic and predictable.

Pondering leads to dreams, and dreams lead to cheesy songs. This cover sounds better than the original... but the lyrics are still cheesy!



No comments:

Post a Comment