Friday, May 4, 2012

The Lazy Bug Bit

Why, hello there. It's certainly been a while since my last post. So, it's a list-y post. A fair amount has passed since I last posted.

1. HS dance show. Overall, it went pretty well. I was only in one dance, but I can say my fellow dancers did quite well. It was also interesting to tech the show, though I must confess I think I liked teching it better than dancing in it. My dance had roses in it, and we had to bite off rose petals. This resulted in the rose petals getting stuck on our lipstick, which in turn resulted in unflattering facial expressions while trying to get them off. It was an interesting experience.

2. Tech. U can't decide if I like stage teching. I'm also working stage for MS dance, so I guess I should figure this out relatively soon. Otherwise, I'm putting in a reasonable number of hours a week. I don't think I have 100 hours (the amount needed to get into Thespian Honours Society) for this year, but I know I have a minimum of like 60. Which is kind of scary considering I haven't been in tech for that long.

3. MS dance, the chronic disaster. There are some pretty good dances in the show, and then there are some pretty bad ones. Naturally, the good dances make the bad dances look even worse. Then add in that the dancers are at all different levels, and we have chaos. What is kind of depressing is that my dancers have tried quite hard under difficult circumstances to learn the dance and everything- it's just not very easy for them. Their second show is tomorrow, which will be interesting. I've been baking them cookies tonight as a little present.

4. A completely random thing I've recently discovered is I like rap music.

... German rap.
Or Italian rap.

Because thanks to YouTube I have been listening to a fair amount of it lately, and I must say I like it. Considering I don't understand it I have no idea if it is cleaner than it's trashy American counterpart, but it sounds really good regardless.

Quote of the Day:

"Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil"

No comments:

Post a Comment