Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Restart

Note to all underclassmen: Do not, in your junior year, have all your friends be seniors. Because guess what? They graduate, and next thing you know, you're eating lunch alone outside your old European History teacher's room.

It's time for me to restart. I don't have much time left in this country- a year is a short time compared to how long I'll probably walk this earth. In the time I'm here, I ought to make the best of it. Yet, it's really hard to make friends. In a lot of ways it feels like I'm a new student again or something- I recognise people but do not know them. The best part of the situation is definitely that I knew this was going to happen, and didn't care in the moment. For the love of everything, don't end up here. It's lonely.

I go to a pretty neat school. My classes are just starting to get interesting (thank goodness), and I'm getting back into the swing of things. I can't find music for my Dance Performance class for the life of me, but that will work itself out in the end. Yet, a huge part of high school is the social side. That's the same everywhere...

In a lot of ways I really wish I had graduated last year. The kids I know who graduated last year can't wait to head off to university. They're ready for their fresh start somewhere else, to meet new people, and get started with their independent lives. I am probably not- I'm the first to admit that. And I know I'll get my chance. But in the mean time.... high school can really be annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment