Friday, August 30, 2013

My Dad Likes Geckos! But....

Here's a quick little story about why living in Singapore is often quite amusing. See, my father and I are pretty certain there's a sort of "Gecko Season" that occurs about the same time as the rainy season. When this season occurs, there are lots of rather good-sized geckos running around (and some small ones too). We know for certain there are a couple living in the kitchen, and there may be one who hangs out in my bathroom (but not confirmed). Anyways, yesterday morning was a little bit of an event.

Every morning, my dad fixes me breakfast before I come out of my room. Yesterday morning when he opened the plate cabinet, a really big gecko fell out and landed on a tea-jar. By the time my dad has processed what he was seeing, the gecko had disappeared. We then proceeded to have a pretty normal morning. However, after he sent me off to school he went to go take a nap (which he does every morning). Lying down on one side, my dad felt something move on his opposite hip. It wasn't a muscle twitch.

IT WAS THE GECKO!

That thing was hanging out on his pyjama pants for easily half an hour, and he didn't squish it!

So yes, my dad likes geckos... to a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment