Thursday, August 22, 2013

Remember This?

http://gotgaff.blogspot.sg/

Yup, it's the blog my boyfriend and I used to write together. We hadn't updated it since February- actually, since before our anniversary. But we never deleted it even when we broke up, and it had 99 posts. So, in celebration of the 100th post, I'm putting it up here to get some views.

Also readers, what is your favourite memory of someone significant in your life? I think if that person is really significant, you don't have a favourite memory. You can just come up with random things and ask them if they remember it too. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. Often, they remember it a little bit differently than you.

This school day wasn't so bad.  I don't know if I'm overreacting to all this social stuff and should just brush it off, or if it's a really big deal like all the books, movies and magazines make it out to be. It was a little offensive to be asked to move so some girl could talk to her friends. That wasn't particularly nice. The other stuff though, I think I invent it in my head.

It's not even that I want to "fit in" with everyone else and be some popular social butterfly. I just want a friend or two- that's all.

Maybe that's what being an expat is about. It's learning how to make friends quickly, not getting hurt when people are mean, and bouncing back from everything. In that case- I still have loads to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I think you nailed it!
    - Learn how to make friends quickly,
    - Do not getting hurt when people are mean,
    - Being resilient and bouncing back from everything,

    It's like that notable quote I sent you: "Nihil Carborundum Illigitemi"

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete