Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Subway is Good

As I sit here eating my 6-inch turkey and ham sub that is nice and warm, I started going on the computer. Since I don't have any homework because of Diwali, I thought I was going to go on YouTube and waste time. Then I pulled up Google News by accident. There were over 200 new stories from the past week, some celeb news that no one actually cares about, and some big occurrences being covered that I hadn't been paying attention too. Libya is still big in the news about the rebellions, Turkey had a terrible earthquake, the US ambassador from Syria was pulled out. For some reason, just seeing the sheer number of stories that I haven't read made me realise that in terms of knowing what is going on around me, I know nothing. I've been focused so much on getting good grades that I haven't kept up with the world like so many other people, and I think that's sad.

On another topic fall break starts this afternoon. Which means 5 days of no homework and going to different museums and attractions of Singapore to get to know the area better. I can't wait. School is great and everything but sometimes we all just need a break, especially my dad who's always working. Sentosa, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment