Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chinatown and Birds

I've had a busy past two days over my fall break! Yes, fall break. It's from Diwali, which was yesterday, until Sunday. Then I have another day off soon-ish, though I can't remember exactly when. Yesterday we went to Chinatown, in the shopping areas. Except in China, I have never seen as many stalls of vendors selling PJ's, clothes, traditional clothes, baby stuff, cosmetics, perfume... you name it, it was there. I'm working on a video I will hopefully put up tonight if all goes well. Video editing is a slow process, and I do apologize for not putting a video up lately. We had a lot of fun looking around and I actually bought a traditional Chinese dress that I'm pretty happy about. Lunch/dinner was pretty nice too, we went to a Szechuan restaurant that was pretty spicy! The fatty pork was amazing, and all you Americans wrinkling your noses clearly need to go try it. 

Today it poured off and on all day, and we went to the bird park. It was amazing. There was every kind of bird you could think of and them some birds you've never dreamed of. There was a really cool African themed section with the largest man-made waterfall in the world. In addition, there was a Lorry-bird area in which the birds were pretty much hopping around and interacting with the visitors- you could pay  for a cup of nectar to feed them. Actually, you could just look interesting as well and the birds would fly over and land on you. Apparently my whole family was interesting-looking enough because at some point or another we all had a bird on our shoulder, playing with our hair/collars. My dad got some good photos of me, and I got some photos of my mother. I look very... flustered. I took about 200 photos there but I still have to sort through them before I post. Maybe tomorrow, if I'm not too tired from Sentosa. 

Time to go video edit/photo sort. Hopefully this isn't my only post for today, if it is, then the video will be tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment