Sunday, December 15, 2013

Still Excited

Well, I found out at 1am on the 14th that I got accepted into BU. And I'm still freaking out about it. I'm surprised I'm this excited, to be honest. I thought my chances were decent considering my school stats... but it's still rocking to be admitted. Pressure is off!

It's actually finals week as of 30 minutes from now, which is kind of unfortunate since I haven't put in as much study time as I would have liked to. I've found out that I basically have to not fail all my finals to maintain my current grades, which isn't a problem for most of them. I can actually get a C on my stats test and still maintain my current grade (which is not a C), so I'll study for that. Really now, you can't study for an essay that you don't have the prompt to!

Also,  Facebook is a lot more fun, with my future classmates chatting about themselves and generally being excited. The environment on there is really fun, and I'm already connecting with people from around the world. Also, there are a lot of neuroscience majors on there. It's curious really, who got in. Lots of people from the east coast, a  handful of Americans living elsewhere like me.

What I wonder is how these people are in real life. See, on the internet people can come off as super cool, open and friendly. I posted something really general and have had a fair amount of friend requests. Yet, if you put me in a room with people I don't know, I'll hang out in the corner until someone comes up to me. Isn't it funny how we are all so much more open on the web? Heck, I'm writing my personal thoughts here on a blog.  Do you think I'd ever say this stuff if you came up to me? Only if you knew me well!

My dad also did my senior portrait, which I'll post here when he's done fiddling around with it. It's not a typical beauty shot (I wouldn't allow it), so that's pretty great. I think it says a lot about me and captures my personality in a photograph. THANKS DAD IF YOU READ THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment