Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cookies and Milk Beverage

Wow! Today was a heck of a day, all things considered. I got a lot done that I'm proud of, some of which I can't talk about in case my boyfriend reads my blog (it's regarding his present). Let's just leave that as I am proud to say I still have all my fingers.

Anyways, I woke up around 8:30 today and was baking my first batch of cookies by 9:30. By the time my dad came home from his nature walk, molasses cookies were almost done. The molasses cookies were the easiest I baked, mostly because I think I had the most energy for them. I got the recipe here at Bon Appetit. They were wonderfully chewy and spicy even though I didn't have any cardamon. To be honest, I don't know where to get it here!

After my dad cleaned up, we started baking Snicker-doodles together. Ah, Snicker-doodles. They have such a whimsical name! Since they are one of Nick's favourite cookies I felt like I ought to make them, and they weren't very difficult. Got that recipe atSally's Baking Addiction, though I must say they turned out a little differently than expected. Mostly because they spread like there was no tomorrow. Also I doubled the amount of cinnamon in what my family affectionately calls "doctoring". We almost always double the amount of vanilla or cinnamon in a recipe... guess there is never enough for us! Go strong flavoured or go home.

The last cookie we made was Spritz cookies on my mom's request, which were the darn messiest cookies of the bunch. Some of them came out really stupid looking when the dough got too soft in the tropical heat, which was a pain. Anyways, the dough was basically butter, which got everywhere. I almost ruined the recipe when the milk box nearly dumped into the bowl, which was scary. Easily got over eight dozen cookies from the recipe on the Wilton box for the press. Thank goodness we have friends to give these things away to, or I can say good-bye to my abs.

Also, about that milk. The milk calls itself "Milk Beverage" on the box. Not "milk" or "natural milk". "Milk Beverage". Does anyone else think this is weird?!!?!

I'll upload pictures of all this tomorrow. I'm tired from the second part of my adventure that I can't talk about quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment